View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 02:09 AM   #17
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
What a fiasco but nice score on your parts front end.
It was, Thanks! That said it was worth it. I have been looking for a set since I bought the truck in september. That said I picked up another good deal a tabletop Sandblasting cabinet for $50 it came with a upgraded gun and some extra hoses.That said it needs a little work, I need to replace the glass is looks like it was used without the film. I can get replacement glass at lowes for around $14 or so cut to size and new film glass protectors. I have already installed an led light bar. I may add some more lights I want it as bright as I can make it in there. I also plan to add a vibrating motor to help keep the sand in the bottom. A few air hose disconnects. I would also like to make the top open up as well. Right now it's just the side. I also plan on adding a air gun to clean off the glass and the parts I am working on. Right now I have my big shop vac plugged into it to keep the dust down but I think I am going to get a cheap bucket 5 gallon bucket shop vac to use that was I don't ruin it. I also made a dust collector for it to help save the shop vac.

When I got it home.

[IMG]IMAG1174 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Light installed.

[IMG]IMAG1192 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1193 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1195 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

There is dust on the glass but it does not get much better. When I first got it home I tried buffing the glass it made it a little better but not much.

[IMG]IMAG1191 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now back to the build. I got one side cleaned up I wire wheeled it then I blasted the areas that I could not get to with the wire wheel.

[IMG]IMAG1187 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

I also blasted the brake shield

[IMG]IMAG1188 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1189 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then I sprayed them with eastwood fast etch. Hopefully that will get the rest of the rust, then I will paint them black. I need to remove the bearings in the hub still, then I will blast the hubs and send them off to be resurfaced. Any tips on removing the bearings?

[IMG]IMAG1190 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote