View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #20
mechanicalman

Re: frame twisted or trailer arm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Not so stupid a question because that sucker is upside down!
That's why I'm trying to get him to check his pinion angle, I know a drop member hangs the trailing arms differently to off-set lowering effect on said angle, so I was thinking he might want to know his angle and be sure if it's upside down or not (if it's upside down it will be off a country mile).

And, all the drive-shafts I've seen seem to be centered enough in the loop to not look askew. I think we have established that the rear ends are not on a perfect center from the factory, maybe the cross-members are a little off-center as well to keep it in the middle?

Thus, if the cross-member is upside down, and they actually ARE compensated on the center loop (not saying they are, I don't really know), that would compound the problem he created when he centered his rear end and hence the off-center effect between the shaft and the loop.

I think a driveline needs to be off-set at least a degree on both the vertical plane and the horizontal plane to minimize vibration, so that might be why the rear-ends are not centered from the factory.
mechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote