View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #98
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: How about some pics of S10 S15 Luv Blazer II

I remember when the S10 / S15's first rolled out of the factory. I bought an '85... it was my first "new vehicle" and I was 24.... (God I am old ).

1985 GMC S15, ordered it new from "Mose Wampler" GMC in Troy Ohio. Black bucket seats, 5-speed manual, analog gauges, V-6, posi rear end.

Installed Cragars and 60's series Radial T/A's, made a roll bar and a hood protector.

I bought the complete Ziebart rust proofing system and a Ziebart bed liner. Man, I tell ya, those guys learned to hate me. They lost their butt, I took it back every year and they had to pay for numerous rusty door panel and tailgate repairs. And the bed liner wore the paint off the bed rails, so they paid to have that redone also. But it was a great deal for me, years of maintenance free rust repair, which in Ohio, for a daily driven vehicle, was a big deal. They ended up doing a buy out in 1993 (???) and they installed a really nice high end sunroof for free (not shown in the photo).

It was the first new vehicle I owned and it was a great truck! (the V-6 was totally gutless though). And I used it as a truck too. Hauled firewood every fall, dirt and gravel in the summer and my "under construction" Model A Hot Rod parts pretty much all year. When I sold it to a friend in the mid 1990's it had over 130,000 miles on it.

I can still remember driving it home from the dealership... I was king of the world! You never forget your first truck you know!
Attached Images

lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote