View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #125
heartattack

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Series View Post
I get a little work in and go to the hardware store to buy a handful of fasteners, work some more and go get a few more bolts, etc..
I got the power steering radiator mounted. There were a couple places where the inner fenders conflict with something. I started to hammer and found it easy to manipulate the sheet metal. I made a bowl to clear the power steering lines on one side, and smog pump valve on the other side. I had purchased a firewall pad/panel, maybe not the best idea here. I’m trying to make it work. I need to install the panel before wiring, but after everything that bolts to the firewall is in place. I made a cardboard template, and marked the location of the brake and clutch pedal brackets. Cut, and test fit, and then cut the plastic panel. The holes for the heater motor and lines were not cut, just marked. I started to cut those out with a utility knife, that is hard so I’ll have to get back at that later. Thinking about wiring, I received the starter button and solenoid. They offered a free catalog, so I got that too. It is full of neat stuff, but I don’t think I’ll order anything else. I just like looking through parts catalogs.
Where did you purchase your firewall pad?
heartattack is offline   Reply With Quote