View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #70
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Ok so I got off my butt and pulled the trigger on a fuel tank. I ended up going with a stainless 70's mustang tank with a bit of a twist. Not being sure if i am going with a traditional carb or one of the new EZ Fast TBI setups, I had a tank made with anti slosh baffles and also outlet and return bungs installed. This way if funds are short I can just throw the Holley that I have on for the time being. Then if I want later on down the road to switch over to TBI the tank is already set up for it. Only downside to this tank is the electric fuel pump would have to be mounted outside the tank.

Damn thing fits pretty good inside the 46 frame rails. I guess that's why everybody uses the Pony tanks. I just have it sitting in the frame on some wood for now until I figure out how I want to mount it. Once I tear the frame apart for sandblasting I will remove the rest of the old crass member.

The one last thing I had to do with my header mock up was index and color code all the pipes before I shipped them out to Stainless Headers Inc. This way when they go to make up the jigs they can take the tubes apart and put them back together without any problems. My buddy walked into the garage the other day and asked me if I had decided switch over and "pitch for the other team" if you know what I mean. LOL!

So everything got boxed up with about 50 pictures and some written instructions (Stainless requests this) and off the tubes went for fab. Seeing as how its the busy season with racing headers being made Stainless told me it would be about 4-6 weeks until I got my tubes back.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote