View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fabris
Are you talking about removing just the grill and radiator core support leaving the fenders in place, or removing the entire front clip?
Yeah, you nailed it on the head.

I have the bumper and hood latch off, I just want to remove the piece holding the headlights and the grille. I'd like to take it off in one piece if possible. This is what I'm looking for tips on how to do easily so I don't putter around and take out five million bolts, then spend longer than it takes to put the engine/tranny in to actually get it back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fabris
Just curious, "How much clearance do you need?"
Could you just use the hoist (without the load balancer,) to set the motor in place temporarily, then pick it back up with the balancer connected? Of course, this is assuming that you are using a normal engine hoist, but your "interesting setup" comment has me wondering.....
Let me go get some pictures and I'll show ya.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote