View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #95
Mr Pops
Ridin' Dirty

Re: How many 2wd Blazer do we have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGRAFX View Post
Hey guys, what are the unique differences of the Blazers? which is the most rare to find and what years did they come with a removable top?
I used to have a 79 Jimmy and an adult could sit fairly comfortably in the back seat since the floor was the same height behind the front seat as it was in front of the front seat. I then purchased a 76 Blazer, and found my passengers complaining about no leg room as the floor rises about 10 inches right behind the front seat! ..Dumb design, but at least I don't have to sit back there since its MY VEHICLE!! LOL Also, my 79's back seat folded flat then flipped forward, where as my 76's seat is bolted solid to the floor. My 79 had a power rear window which was great for accommodating weather changes on the fly, where as I gotta get out and manually crank the window down on the 76. (planning on changing that even though it looks cool, its a pain in the ass for a daily driver) The 79 had full seat belts and factory high back seats, the 76 has lap belts and low back seats. The 79 had a factory tach, and was fully loaded with power windows, locks, air, tilt, cruise, intermittent wipers.. Not sure if all that was available on the earlier ones or not..?
1988 V3500 Crewcab
1988 R2500 Crewcab (Mint, Ex Fire Dept)
1968 Chev Suburban (4x4 conversion) LINK
1970 Chev C20 Suburban (driver/cruiser)LINK
2005 Impala (Incognito vehicle)
2004 Yukon XL Denali (Kid hauler)
1947 Case tractor
Facebook Page(1000's of pictures of GM cars and trucks organized into albums)
YouTube Channel
Mr Pops is offline   Reply With Quote