Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #82
CSHADES

Talking Re: project 39

i have been trying to get my hood to line up with the grille shell/upper bar. no matter what I did I could not get a satisfactory result. I could not tell if it was the hood that was messed up or the grille shell that I cut and welded on to make a 39. so on mem day I went out and grabbed a extra 40 front I had and tried that. the hood fit that shell much better. so I decided instead of messing around with trying to make my fabbed shell work I was going to either just use a 40 front or find a real 39 front. my gf bought me a new briefcase for my bd the other day so I was cleaning out my old bc and I came across a card with a guys phone # and 39-40 parts scrawled on it. I remembered talking to this guy a couple of different times at swap meets including the time he had his beautiful 39 chevy truck next to my car. so I called him on Tuesday after mem day about a 39 grille shell. he said he had one but he was going to use it on a 40 truck that he was building because he couldn't find a upper grille bar for the 40 front. I happily replied I had an extra upper and maybe we do some dealing. I ended up driving a 150 miles one way and lightening my wallet a bit but I got what I needed. so hopefully I can try this shell this weekend and everything is going to fit.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote