View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #33
Billhilly

Re: 41DegreesSouth Build Thread

Slowly, slowly. Kids were away for a month, and I was going to get it on it's wheels. Yeah right! Major delays included wrong front leaf springs (a whole nuther story) and worn rear diff housing (not resolved yet). Anywhoo, transfer case rebuilt, new filter and front seal in the tranny, new sump gasket and intake on the motor, a lick of paint, a cross of the fingers (as to how long the motor will last!) and a least I got them in the chassis. Have been working on the exhaust, and really enjoying that. Had an inverter arc, had bought a tig torch a year ago, so finally got a bottle of gas and have been tig welding (badly) the exhaust up. Just tacked so far. And as you can see a couple of changes up front. Last pic shows mock up of new front shocks, sway bars, and RHD set up. Wasn't going to show this until it was all done..... your eyesight might be fading by then.
Currently working on hanging the muffler boxs, and sway bar brackets. The mufflers (Flowmaster 44's) are going outside the chassis, between rear tyre and back of cab (propane tanks inboard). Was going to dump staight out of them (towards the ground) but am now going to try and get a pipe at least behind the rear wheels. I don't mind it loud, but have to be able to drive past horse's and riders on the road. Also have enough stock (cows) on the road that I've got to be able to drive through without spooking. I was concerned if I just dumped it out, neighbours wouldn't be happy!
Making progress, slowly! Let us know what you think.

Bill.

Mods, if you want to move this to 'Projects and Builds' that would be cool. Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Billhilly; 01-24-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Billhilly is offline   Reply With Quote