View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #6
Ski-me

Re: 1991 Suburban 1500 4wd

Trading that in is probably going to be the worst, but then you get rid of the problems. It's hard to say, but if you can get a few thousand as a trade-in, that's probably all they are going to offer.

If you can sell it out-right, you might be able to get some more, but then you have to wait it out. And the fact that most people probably aren't going to even look at it until the Covid thing calms down. But the upside is that MT and WY are doing great with the Virus.

Hard to nail down a very good value without seeing it. Rust sure tends to find it's way in all sorts of areas. AC fix, steering box, springs, that all adds up. Probably $2k in repairs right there. Dealer will probably pick it apart. But, that's their job. They'll likely wholesale it off anyways.

I bought my Blazer in Cody (and have been in MT a ton)! Many a drives back and forth to ID/WA. I even had some rust repair done on mine, later to find the exact same location started rusting again! Brother!

Good luck whatever you do. Having a more reliable rig probably sounds good right now. And if you need any help down here, I've done my share of house fixers (wife is a Realtor). Let me know if you need anything.

Stay safe!

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote