Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #891
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Color!!! Fenders, Cowl, Doors

Yeah this is what I've been up to. I took off Friday and Monday last week for a 4 day weekend to get this done. The temps were down to mid 90's so I took advantage. I went over everything again with 220 sandpaper, glazed anything I missed, hung it and sprayed 2 coats black sealer, then everything got 3 coats of color. Reminder this is Hot Rod Flatz, Gun Metal Grey, Metallic, satin sheen. It is sooooo easy to spray. 1.3 tip in my gun. First coat I spray pretty quick passes to put a light coat on first. Then the second/third coats I make slow passes putting it on nice and wet. It comes out sooo deep. I love it. These pics do NOT do it any justice, seeing it in person is so different. I did best I could to get pics with different lighting but my phone camera just didn't capture it great.

I still missed a few little pin holes, but you can't see them unless you use a magnifying glass almost lol. My bodywork payed off. It's not perfect, but it's pretty decent. Everything looks real nice for a daily driver IMO. I just pray it matches the cab lol. The cab is so dirty I can't really tell yet. I am waiting for my new door hinges to show up, otherwise all these pieces would be installed already.

Door pics look blotchy in these photos, but that aint what it looks like in person. The paint layed down so flawlessly I couldn't believe it. No runs. Metallic layed perfect too. Unbelievable how easy it is to spray. If I knew what I was doing, I would spray a clear over these, but they don't make a satin clear, you gotta mix it, and I don't know how to do this. And plus these new technology single stage paints are awesome, they last a lot longer than the old single stage paints of our fathers. Gringoloco used same brand single stage, he says it still looks same as day he sprayed it.

I'm pumped!!

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 08-28-2020 at 12:13 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote