View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 08:42 AM   #30
67C10Step

Re: Restoration insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock View Post
Be ok with rust. Just drive it as is.
This is where I am right now with my truck. The engineer in me wouldn't not let me keep a spreadsheet on what I have in the truck. While I didn't go top end on it, I didn't go on the cheap either. Right now I am close to having a very solid driver and that is what I want. Sure, I'd love to have a paint job so slick a gnat couldn't land on it but not at the expense of being able to enjoy it.

I figure I could sell mine for what I have in it or a bit more - minus labor of course. But, this is a hobby of mine. Nobody expects the guy with an $80,000 bass boat to make a profit on his hobby so I don't expect to on mine either. Doing everything myself it took longer than I expected but, as I mentioned before, scope creep got me. I ended up rebuilding the entire suspension and steering, converting to power disc brakes up front, buying a entire new bed box and wood, etc. At times it sat for a good bit waiting on me to get back around to it and at times I thought I'd bitten off more than I needed but in the end I am pleased. Still needs some things finished and tweaks to what I have done but you can start it up and drive it now after it being off the road a total of 15-16 years.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote