View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 03:13 PM   #13
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Those dreaded words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Yes, citizens. It's INCOME TAX day, April 15th. Death and taxes are 2 of life's certaintys.
I've done paid one and received from the other already this year. I have always wished I could pay in exactly what the scale called for and just break even but it has never worked out that way, even though she and I claimed single and zero dependents. So many years ago the wife and I began paying in an additional 20-25 $ on each paycheck to try to stay ahead of a tax shortage. It usually worked out in our favor. I just hate having to pay in a chunk more at tax filing time.
I hate it too, 6400 this year. I claim 3 exemptions though, its just me. Got to change that, freaking gov. Charges "interest". Man, I did a job for a guy, heavy and nice, discount rate. Gov. Would take 35 percent, ca. Style. Unless someone pays me my rate plus 35%, I no longer work for a 1099, but will accept gifts. Be damn, I value whats left my body and time.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote