View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #173
argonaut

Re: 1969 K10 CST Full Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
I wish I was showing you this pic to illustrate the factory style primer finish line at the hump (I guess I kind of am...); but really it's to comment on another issue. I had read all the threads on the TH350/NP205 conversion issues for 69 trucks. Especially after realizing we had to slide the frame rail transfer case mount back a bit... I thought I had all our bases covered and did not expect to have an interference. Nevertheless once the cab bolts were torqued down, we were too close for comfort between the cab floor and the transfer case-though not physically touching. We considered (I believe) all variables. I honestly still think we should have had a bit more room than we did...but in light of evidence to the contrary the collective decision was made to shim the transfer case adapter cross member. Not an easy job (or decision) at this stage, but Eric tackled it last night. Fortunately it didn't take much in the way of shim thickness to get the desired result.
There are cross members with different depths. I found this out based on a similar experience to yours. One has a couple inches more drop, and that's probably the one that you need.

1972 K5 Blazer CST, Turquoise
1966 K20 Short Fleet Pickup, Big Ugly
1964 C10 Short Fleet, Gertrude

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
1996 Ford Bronco XLT
1980 Jeep Wagoneer

2008 Honda CBR1000RR
2005 Honda RC51
1981 Honda CB750C

No dis-assemble Johnny Five! No dis-assemble!
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote