View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Change chassis/ transplant/ or new parts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry S View Post
Its definitely not going to be an original truck. My grandfather was somewhat of a modifier and improvisor.. I was 12 years old when he passed and am 45 now, but we found and are still finding things he modified or fabricated when he was here. I have a 2007 6.0 vortec that I plan to rebuild and put into it. I'm trying to sell a lot of stuff that I have sitting around to help fund the rebuild, fuel system, wiring/ ecm and transmission. My short term goal is just to get it all in primer and running. This would be my first swap of this nature and I plan to do it with my 11 year old son. It will be a learning experience I'm sure. All I have for the 6.0 is the engine and intake.

Per this, Go with the 71 frame and your way a head of the game. More wheel choices and you have the disc brakes and drums already there no need to swap it all over to the old frame.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote