View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #66
KenAdams

Re: 1966 C10 Daily Driver

In full on assembly mode this weekend, on the way to cranking it, crossing fingers next weekend.

-Got my DeWitts radiator in (pn# 6239017M) and mounted using the original hardware and new rubber. It is a thing of beauty.
-Bought a repro tri plus radiator support and battery holder. I am in short supply of hours so and mine needed too much work. I couldn't justify the cost differential of labor and powder coating to fix the original.
-Dropped off a ton on parts to the powder coater this week: inner feasder wells, pedal assembly, brake booster mount, drag link and a bunch of small brackets. Should get them back on Wednesday. I really need the Captain Fab's brake booster/clutch mount back so I can depress the clutch so I can crank the truck.
-I finally got my Boyds tank mounted. I made my own install kit from some 1/8" sbr rubber, and 6 - .5"x1.5" bolts.
-Lastly, I plumbed the fuel system. I used Russel on my last car so I decided I'de try Earls this time. I'll let you know in 10 years how it stands up. I went the braided line to stainless to braided line route. Looks good. I really impressed myself with the stainless line. I bought a new Rigid 3/8 and 3/16(for brakes and clutch lines) 600 series tubing benders. They are nice so nice...

New core support:

Pretty bent stainless line, and fish plate I forgot to take pictures of earlier:

Tank to filter/regulator:

Sweet bulkhead fitting from stainless to flex line:
KenAdams is offline   Reply With Quote