View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: 71-72 cheyenne super short bed pics

At first I thought,"Split window Bus? He must mean bug."I guess the terms change over the years and you`re talking about a`67 or earlier Bus with split windshield.You`re starting off just like me.My first vehicle was a`56 bug I took out of the woods when I was 13.I got it running and by the time I got out of school it was restored with a clean euro look with mucho performance.I got a`66 Bus and fixed it up as a Baja Bus and traveled cross-country in it.I learned mechanics on those Kraut-Cutters.I`m happy to see your interest and hope you keep at it,which I`m sure you will.
My first truck came off an OK Used Cars lot (Chevy dealer) in`73.It wasn`t a Cheyenne Super,but it was a`72 Custom Deluxe short bed Fleetside.I learned years later that it was a Highander.I caught the 4wd bug by the mid-70s and had a couple (Power Wagon & Willys) before my 1st Chevy 4wd.That was a`69 Custom Camper/10 and it`s been GM trucks ever since.
The short Fleetside 4wds were a low production.Even added with the Stepsides,all SWB K/10s are real low production.Cheyenne Supers carve it down to quite a precious few.Someone else will have the numbers,but it`s about a few thousand.Let me see what I can turn up for pics and get back...

This one`s a Custom Deluxe with Deluxe 2-tone option which includes the upper moulding.So,it looks just like a `Super except for the emblem:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-12-2009 at 09:14 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote