View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
keysar

Re: 71-72 cheyenne super short bed pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
At first I thought,"Split window Bus? He must mean bug."I guess the terms change over the years and you`re talking about a`67 or earlier Bus with split windshield.You`re starting off just like me.My first vehicle was a`56 bug I took out of the woods when I was 13.I got it running and by the time I got out of school it was restored with a clean euro look with mucho performance.I got a`66 Bus and fixed it up as a Baja Bus and traveled cross-country in it.I learned mechanics on those Kraut-Cutters.I`m happy to see your interest and hope you keep at it,which I`m sure you will.
My first truck came off an OK Used Cars lot (Chevy dealer) in`73.It wasn`t a Cheyenne Super,but it was a`72 Custom Deluxe short bed Fleetside.I learned years later that it was a Highander.I caught the 4wd bug by the mid-70s and had a couple (Power Wagon & Willys) before my 1st Chevy 4wd.That was a`69 Custom Camper/10 and it`s been GM trucks ever since.
The short Fleetside 4wds were a low production.Even added with the Stepsides,all SWB K/10s are real low production.Cheyenne Supers carve it down to quite a precious few.Someone else will have the numbers,but it`s about a few thousand.Let me see what I can turn up for pics and get back...

This one`s a Custom Deluxe with Deluxe 2-tone option which includes the upper moulding.So,it looks just like a `Super except for the emblem:
Thanks for your post... Yes I do mean split window, I have a '67 and a '64 that my uncle has given to me for strate A's I get in school... I got strate A's again and then he gave me an engine for the '67 out of a Bradley GT, and its funny that you say you traveld the country in a bus because, after I got my bus (the farly good one ('67)) I had a dream about doing the exact thing and have wanted to do that ever since. I had that dream in 07. when I was in the range of age 3-5 my father bought a '75 cheyenne blazer, he got a soft top for it, and all I can rememmber of that blazer(when it was his daly driver, we still have it) is driving in the mountans with the soft top roled up on the sides blasting blind melon and corrosion of conformity, and it has been my faverit vehicle ever since then. So thats really what started my 4x4 dreams. my dad ended up buying a 07 toyota tacoma 4x4 trd off road (witch I love as well) and has been driving that all the time. The blazer has been siting in the garage for ever, and a couple months ago I decided that wasn't ok. I did everything in my power to get that thing started and I couldn't... my dad had got a new battery, put gas in the carb ect. It was turning over but it just wouldn't start... the next day I hopped in and didn't even have to toch the gas peddle, it fierd right up... I have been driving that blazer every chance I have gotton... in fact I drove it about a half hour ago so I could hall the garbage to the end of the road... I have been hooked on vw's ever since my brother got a stupid bay window, but then my ocd kicked in and I began searching old vw's and found the split window. I got hooked on toyotas because of my dads taco and our family t100, got hooked on ford galaxies ever since "galaxie" the song from blind melon came out...as you can see I'm very into vehicles... I thank you for all the pictures. I'll try to get pictures of all of our rigs on here soon. I have made my own vw web site, it has pictures of my buses on here...here is the link http://vwsplitwindowbuschat.ning.com/ ..I hope to see more pictures!

Last edited by keysar; 11-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
keysar is offline   Reply With Quote