View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #22
jocko

Re: 1972 Custom/20 Custom Camper with Avocado Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy5 View Post
I could be mistaken but i believe someone had told me these were the ones that came on the Spec Promotion B but i notice yours if a Spec Promotion C

PA1 Deluxe Wheel Covers were only available on the half ton highlanders packages. PO3s were normally seen on the C20s. The one's on Dale's truck are PO3s, but from a 73-75 3/4 ton. Original 72 PO1s have a blue bow tie with an outie/convex center - and are chrome plated rather than stainless. However, the 73-75 PO3s make excellent replacements for the original 72s with a little bit of True Blue Krylon paint - and are less prone to splitting on the edges. The convex/concave difference is almost unnoticeable when black paint is on the centers correctly. Some members actually punch the later concave PO3s out to resemble the 72s almost identically once painted. Also, to the later post regarding the PA1s being listed on the SPID, that's normal for something that was part of the highlander package trucks - for instance, a C package with a/c and tilt, etc would still have those separate options listed on the SPID, just like the wheel covers if it had them.

Last edited by jocko; 06-26-2017 at 12:00 AM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote