View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 AM   #102
Green Monster

Problems Solved

I don't really have any special needs for the auxiliary battery. I just want to keep the Blazer close to original. Would an isolation switch would prevent the battery from being used and being charged if the switch were off?

BTW- I took the Blazer out for a spin last night. It runs like a champ. I learned a lot while saving money fixing this problem myself. Thanks guys. The Blazer is so much more enjoyable when driving it after you repaired it yourself. Thanks again for all of your help. The wiring diagram was a huge help. This is what we were dealing with:
  • One dead aux. battery
  • Action: Removed
  • Action: Will replace
  • One shorted battery
  • Action: Replaced ($100)
  • One malfunctioning voltage regulator
  • Action: Replace ($30)
  • One shorted 12R wire along radiator support caused by auxiliary battery hitting the radiator support wall. The auxiliary battery tray has rusted away which will not allow battery to be secured
  • Action: Repair wire. ($0)
  • Action: I will have a new tray welded in ($?)
  • Two headlights burned out
  • Action: Replace ($40)

Not too bad. $170 While I was messing around I cleaned and wrapped some ugly spliced wires that were flopping around to the alternator and headlights. Now the wires are wired directly to the correct harness and soldered to the female connectors.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote