View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 09:32 PM   #664
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

The 57 rolled out of the workshop and into the rain this morning. We were loaded up last night and ready for the road trip to Bowling Green for the Tri-Five Nationals. The inclement weather blindsided us, though. We drove in very heavy weather off and on all the way from KC to right before the Indiana border. Finally outran the storms, arrived at our waypoint and got checked into the motel. We'd no sooner walked across the street to a restaurant than the skies opened up again. Car is covered with road grime and bug juice - just the way it's supposed to be.

Headed to Mammoth Cave in the morning for a tour and then on to Bowling Green to pick up credentials. TFN runs Thursday - Saturday. Weather forecast calls for slight chance of thunderstorms every day. Hope the grassy area where they park the cars doesn't turn into a mud bog.

Car still overheats in stop and go traffic. Not as bad, but worse than it should given the size of the radiator, etc. Probably going to have to give in and reengineer the cooling fan setup over the winter. Also a bit disappointed with the Vintage Air. Blows cool enough air to keep you from croaking with the windows up, but to say it has "cold air" would be totally misleading. Already working on a whole new punch list. The good news is that all the issues so far are manageable. But i do have my work cut out for me when we return.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote