View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
bowtieboy93

Re: '00 Z71 good for first vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseScrews View Post
Hey all! My hubby and I are "discussing" a first vehicle for the kid. He'll be 16 in June and there's no way in heck the '67 will be ready by then. I told him to get him a beater and they can work on the old girl as time allows.

Hubby has "found" an '02 Dodge Ram loaded with everything except the hot chick...leather, heated seats, remote start, 4WD, etc for $9000. I told him he didn't need that nice of a vehicle..that an old truck would do just fine.

I have "found" a 2000 GMC Z71 stepper that looks to be in great shape. Cloth seats, power windows & locks, regular cab, but that's about it. The guy is asking $4995, but I'm pretty sure he'll take less. I'm thinking of insurance costs and EVERY TEEN I know of has had an accident in their first vehicle. Do you think the Z71 would be a good choice? I don't want him having a bunch of buddies in the truck until he's had more experience driving, so I like the idea of the regular cab. I don't want to spoil Drew even more than he already is. Heck...my first vehicle was a '78 Triumph TR-7. No power ANYTHING!!! LOL!!

So.....what say ye? The Dodge or the GMC? Loaded or comfortably numb?
If the dodge is in decent shape its a good truck for the price.

but I think for a first vehicle the GMC seems to be a great starter
1991 GMC Sonoma, IROCS s10 grill
1963 Ford Galaxie 351/C4
bowtieboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote