View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
Pontiac1976

Re: How to mount parking lamps to Grille w/ no studs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac1976 View Post
Well If it is the same grill. there is no stud on any 83-87 grill the stud are on the park lights. But should have two bottom slots and two holes for the park light studs. And the 4 flat washer press on the studs to hold them on.
Um there are, in fact, plastic studs on the back of the deluxe 83-87 grille. But they are not on the lower grade, single headlight Grille.
First, you say there are no studs on the Grille, but then your last sentence says there are studs that flat washers press onto. Sorry what your saying in one sentence is contradicting the other sentence. And there are no studs on the parking lamps. Yes, they have the holes so that they can be attached to the grilles with the studs.
Sorry, but the question was for how to mount the parking lamps to the single headlight Grille that doesnÂ’t have the studs and how it was done. I know something has to be fabricated, and thatÂ’s what IÂ’m asking for.
Pics below show the deluxe grille with the studs for the parking lamp.
Sorry my age must be starting to be a problem lol your right now that I read it.. I was try to picture the grill and my grill 15mile from my Pc. I got it turned around.

I would try to find a few grill that are broken cut off the studs right through the front of the grill so you have the flat side in a nice 1/4-1/2" square to crazy glue to the back of your grill, if it clean take of chrome or paint off both side and degrees in that spot, Before Gluing. It should work good. But you can gab the old broken grill test the crazy glue or other glue. See how it works. Put a little dab on both side let sit 2 or 3 second hold 3 to 5 min should nice and firm.
1977 REG cab Long Bed with a 1984 Front Clip, 82 305 .60 over 9.0.1 flat top pistons, 4bbl, TH350, w/84 SS-intake & cam , w/ 1977 big block rad, 1975 gear box, 1984 master w/ metric fittings top & SAE fitting @ portion block, 1975 3.42 gear open diff. Duel 77-87 Factory air cleaner, duel inlet from rad support . Down sized 9' to new 8' Steel flat bed
Was a 77 454 w/308 gear. Taken out 550 lbs. up front with motor clip change.
Pontiac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote