View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #52
newstedcomeback

Re: 1971 C/10 to K/20 Conversion

Well last weekend I had to fix a "power steering leak" on my girlfriends toyota, which turned out to be an oil pump o-ring leak. which ended up becoming a timing belt/ tune up and all that fun crap.

However this weekend I made some serious progress on the truck! I finished removing all the bolts that remained in the frame, I cut off the bumper brackets that some Bozo decided to Booger weld onto the frame. my buddy Jimbo helped me strip all the crap off the frame with a grinder and then we sandblasted it. last night we painted the bottom of the frame and today I flipped it back over and painted the rest. its all beautiful now and I am so relieved that I am done with the bare frame portion.

This week I will start building up the suspension and hopefully finish putting the dana 44 back together. I would love to get both axles under it by this weekend!!
Attached Images

2018 Silverado 1500 5.3 LTZ Z71 - daily driver

2019 Tahoe Z71 5.3 - (Wifes daily driver)
newstedcomeback is offline   Reply With Quote