View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 12:12 AM   #103
MTCK

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
Thanks guys! It's yalls support that keeps me moving.

yes I am keeping all the GMT900 BCM, EBCM and the pitch/yaw sensor. So the truck will have ABS, stabilitrak, integrated trailer brakes with trailer sway control and anything else a 2014 has. I will be keeping onstar as well and using the newer style rearview mirror with backup camera in the glass.

One of the reasons I chose the LML duramax was the body electronics side of things. I could have much easier and cheaper used the LBZ but the older ABS was crap compared to the GMT900 LML.

This truck I'm building will have all the safety features a new truck has minus airbags and restraints control. The goal is to stuff all this new technology under the cover of the '76. I want the dash to remain as stock appearing as I can. This is why I worked to hide the wheel angle sensor, and the brake position sensor. If the average person doesn't notice anything out of place, that would be perfect.

If later I feel like drilling the bumpers for the sonar systems I can custom flash the BCM and do adaptive cruise like the tahoes have. That would be pretty cool as well.

Holy cow. Nice work. Great fabrication, system integration and attention to detail.

1991 V3500 L29 454 4L80E NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's
1984 K30 292 TH400 NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's flat bed 7'6" Meyer Plow
2022 Silverado 3500 L8T
Project Daily Driver
Project Heavy Hauler
Project Plow Truck
MTCK is offline   Reply With Quote