View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #669
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
All good with me, I was curious enough to ask though, because a phrase like "100% you did not and could not move me away if I chose to stay" in my accustomed vernacular would be the words of someone responding to a challenge. So I thought I better check on it since my intent was only to help.

To that end, I will make a recommendation. Since you have two existing structures and all but one post is adjacent to a structure, you have the opportunity to do a cable span and some sort of material cover. There are a couple of wood carports in my neighborhood that approximate the size you are looking for, and they both have beams and multiple posts on two sides and clear-span between them, rather than clear-span in both directions. Tonight I saw an ingenious cable cover over a set of nice cars and got me to thinking.

Morning

At the moment it is hot and humid here.

Currently, they way it is unfolding, there will be two posts.
One 5 meters from the garage, and the other about 6.2 meters.
Then, I am now planning to make up two, 6mm x 200mm wall plates around 1 meter long, with a significant gusseted top brace around 300mm long, as well as a 6mm x 50mm strip welded down the length of the wall plates to add rigidity and strength before adding 8 large Rawl bolts to each plate.
On top of these will rest the cross beams.

I am planning to call in a professional at this point to do metal roofing for me along with the structure.

All this of course is subject to change....
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote