View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

First let me say that it seems like this company INNOVATE went out of their way to make the information on their website beyond confusing, I spent nearly two years trying to crack their parts and devices code, ha ha

so here is a layman's translation

INNOVATE makes two types of gauges / tools / devices what ever you want to call them

1. the FIRST kind are the portable type this is where you buy some equipment and keep it in a case, when your buddy shows up to tune their car you bust out the black box from the carrying case and you temporarily shove a BOSCH oxygen sensor in the tailpipe and you read the screen on your INNOVATE black box and press buttons on that black box to make things happen ~ we are not going to be using this type ~

2. the SECOND or other type of gizmos they make are permanently installed in your car or truck, so you weld a round bung (ie threaded nut) to your exhaust pipe and screw in the BOSCH oxygen sensor in there for good, then you permamently install the round gauges in your dash so the equipment stays in your truck ~ this is the stuff we'll be using

now they make #2 above in different flavors, you can get their analog guages or you can get their digital gauges I opted for the digital ones. Also in addition to making analog and digital gauges they make what I would call "smart" gauges and what we could call "dumb" gauges, more on those later, we will be using both kinds, smart gauges have some computing / processing abilities built in, inside the gauge, dumb gauges rely on an external "helper" box, sometimes called a controller sometimes called SSI-4, or TC-4 don't worry about it just yet

that's important to grasp, if you got it, you are on your way, if you went and got another beer instead, no worries we won't let you fall behind

Last edited by Gregski; 09-24-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote