View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #179
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

remember the Accelerator Pump is just a helper, there are two circuits in the carb (for purposes of this discussion we won't bring in the secondary circuit), the idle circuit and the main circuit. The Accelerator Pump helps with the transition from the way gasoline oozes in the the carb via the Idle Circuit, to the way it gets sucked in via the main jets/circuit using the vacuum created with higher RPMs (venturi vacuum ie vacuum inside the carbs throat, not intake manifold vacuum, there's a difference) so when the gas pedal is pressed down a ton of air enters the carb, and the gasoline goes ah snap, that's our queue, here we go boys, and the Accelerator Pump gives the gasoline a kick in the pants to get in there as fast as the air did, once the gasoline starts being sucked in with the air, the Accelerator Pump takes a break cause it's work is done, then you are running on the Main Circuit

so the first thing you have to do is find out what color accelerator pump cam you have, and just as importantly what hole is it screwed in at, there are two holes, #1 and #2 on the carb bracket, and the cams themselves can have anywhere from 1 to 3 holes

well I like to remove the cam and look at it, that way I can wipe it clean and see if it is damaged or warn out, so mine turns out to be Orange and it was in the #2 position

Ok, so I think I just got lucky cause I said I am going to try the Blue Cam in the #2 position to get the squirt of gasoline as fast as possible and see what that does, and if that makes it worse, I will go the other way and try the Pink Cam second hole in the #1 hole in the bracket, to get a delayed shot, this is all based on the graph above, I was going to try the two extremes

turns out the Blue Cam works amazeballz so I just left it in, light throttle acceleration be damned, truck runs fantastic!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 04-10-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Gregski is online now   Reply With Quote