View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #197
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin 79 View Post
I did try tuning by ear and RPM gauge and still failed emissions. I think the O2 gauge is still a good investment especially for trying to tune your carburetor. It can also be a bit distracting just watching the gauge all the time to see what air/fuel is doing. It is good to know someone is getting similar numbers. I thought the altitude in CO was causing the overly lean condition. The funny thing is the other day I found a good plastic air intake hose at the junkyard and put on the truck. It was still kind of dirty but to cold in CO to wash with soap and water. I will once the weather gets nicer but so far air/fuel has gotten better. On the last couple trips to junkyard the truck has not leaned out past 18 while cruising and at idle it is about 15. It honestly seems a little peeper off the line with just the plastic air hose installed . It is still kind of doggy past 40 miles an hour. I need to adjust the kick down switch on the th400 I think. I step on gas all way to the floor and I dont feel it down shift. Oh well one more thing to mess with.
sounds like you are making great incremental progress, and that's what it is all about, hey you want your truck to run like she's never ranned before, ha ha

take her to get that new LS engine for an LS Swap, I swear that SBC will sense it's days are numbered and it will be on it's best behaviour
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote