View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #8358
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

71 GMC 292 C10 $6995. Nice looking truck. Not mine.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...156190645.html

This is one of the very best driving trucks I have ever owned, and one of the most rust free C10/15 Chev/GMC trucks of the vintage I have seen in a long while. You know how much one of these costs let alone all fixed up, so take a serious look.

It is a 292 straight 6, with a 4 speed, disc brakes (stops very nicely and very straight), steers straight and does not wander, shake or vibrate. Tons of torque, pulls like a champ, runs out at 65 with no issues, and more to give.
Repairs:
New paint, respectable, NO FILLER in rockers or cab corners or cab or hood. (very small patch in center of driver door, have pictures). Rino Liner on Floor Pans and rockers to help keep from rusting as these all do, but, floors and rockers were in excellent shape, best I have seen in a while.

Almost no rust, see door bottom pic!

Doors shut easily, with no effort, and latch perfectly, locks work.
We did no other body work, so there are a couple minor blemishes, but adds character for sure.

Has electronic ignition, full tune up, and professional carb rebuild, split header with new dual exhaust, new tires (correct size so it drives right), gas tank removed, cleaned, and new sending unit and fuel lines, new seat cover (seat was not bad at all, but this looks better), new wiper arms, all lights, signals, gauges and etc work (except dome light?)
It does have a small bit of rust under battery, but core support is OK and would be minor patch up to secure up if you decide to, I didn't care. Flatbed was professionally built, is heavy duty, and will handle heavy loads with ease as truck has leaf springs and overload shocks.

I really hate to sell as this cab is just so very nice, but, I have another project identified. You can pay about this much for a total project truck, this one needs nothing.

This would be perfect for a vineyard, or landscaper, or contractor as a mascot truck, or just a great work truck.
If you need check engine lights, DEQ hassles, huge payments and expensive repairs, this truck is not for you!
Call: 503-702-5914 leave a message as I work around equipment and never hear the phone.

Cash only, clear title, no scammers, please leave a voice message and I will call back as I never hear my phone.
$6995 OBO, will entertain reasonable offers, these trucks are hard to find, and one this good is rare,
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377