View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #115
ls1nova71

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Next we'll move on to the face. I can't stress enough here how important it is to TAKE YOUR TIME, and make sure it's positioned correctly.

Start by pulling the whole S-10 face off the clear plastic part, it comes off easily.

Then cut out the center hole in the speedo decal, I use an X-Acto knife for this.

Center the decal on the S-10 face, on the back side center the small hole in the larger hole.

Then make a mark at the 50mph mark on the S-10 face, and the 60mph on the new decal, and tape it on so it doesn't move.

Make sure it's centered side to side also, and tape the top as shown.

With it taped in position, carefully flip it up, and peel just the backing off the sticker. Make sure that the S-10 face is CLEAN, any dirt under the sticker will leave bumps in it, you don't want that.

Then starting at the top and working your way down, slowly press it on, working out any bubbles as you go. Don't try to put the whole sticker on at once.

Once it's on, carefully remove the backing, Don't pull straight up as that will lift the sticker, pull back on it's self, flush with the face. Go slow!

Once off it should look like this, notice it's centered in the old numbers on the old face.

Using a BRAND NEW X-Acto knife blade, carefully cut out just the odometer holes, DO NOT cut the center hole out any more. Just the weight of the blade should be enough, any more pressure and you run the risk of cutting into the S-10 face. I didn't have a new blade, so in the pics it isn't done yet, but this gives you an idea.

Then just cut out the speedometer face.

Put it on the clear plastic part and mark where it needs to be cut.

Then cut the clear plastic part, it should look like this when done.

This is all I have at the moment, in the next couple of days I'll be posting more.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html

Last edited by ls1nova71; 04-15-2013 at 11:47 PM.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote