View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
68jewel
On the path to financial ruin!

Re: Installing a T-56

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky02 View Post
So i won't be able to run 410s? I would think that would be the perfect gear for a 6 speed, but if not plesae elaborate. I would need to cut a whole in my floor I know. But would I need to modify it to a high hump? Also please break down what you mean by reinforcing the firewall so I won't push the clutch pedal thru. And just so I'm on the same page. Will I be able to use the clutch setup that actually came in my truck? Or will I need to build and/or modify something?
Sorry, I didn't know what gear you were running. 4.10's would be perfect. I'll explain what I meant by reinforcing your firewall. As I stated, the T56 is a hydraulic clutch setup. Therefore, you will have to mount the master cylinder on the firewall next to hydraulic fluid reservoir. The clutch pedal pushrod will extend from the back of the pedal through the firewall into master cylinder which acts as a pump for the hydraulic fluid. The metal on our old trucks and cars firewall is too thin to mount the master cylinder alone. Therefore, once you push on the pedal, the pressure will eventually push thru the metal and tear the master cylinders screws from the firewall and dismount it. You will have to make a bracket to place behind it to mount it for extra reinforcement. A company also sells the brackets for Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, etc. I'm not sure what the brake booster bolt pattern is on our trucks in relation to these cars but I'm sure someone makes one. Try Classic Chevy 5 Speed. Here's a pic of what the bracket that goes behind the brake booster for the master cylinder looks like and a pic of the master cylinder with fluid reservoir & hydraulic throwout bearing.
Attached Images

Ooh Wee's Makeover...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=376280

Last edited by 68jewel; 11-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.
68jewel is offline   Reply With Quote