Thread: Resolved GMCPaul's no foreigners?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #12
James the III

Re: read the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhemingson View Post
If you read the post. I asked for it to be shipped to Washington State. I used my Canadian address as the billing address and Point Roberts WA as the destination. I was charged US dollars on my PayPal. GMCPaul's is free to not take my money I don't care it's their business. I just want to know of other vendors that do this so I don't waste my time and theirs filling out forms.

I ordered another bunch of stuff from Matt's classics and could have added to that order to save shipping. They had zero issue.
Doesn't matter.. many vendors to keep scam artist away. will only ship to the paypal confirmed address AKA billing address..
When a paypal account gets stolen, many times the scam artist would have items shipped to a different address..
paypall doesn't charge you fees to buy.. they might be charging the us vendor the currency exchange cost.. as I'm sure your paypal is linked to an Canada bank..
They ship it to your us address you call paypal and claim you didn't get it or didn't order it. and paypal refunds your money.. and vendor is out of luck..
Not saying you would do this, but many vendors have been burned from stuff like this..
They don't care that you are doing this to evade taxes.. They care if there is a risk of not getting paid..
have the person living at that address that has the paypal billing address confirmed as matching , and it be no problem..
MANY on ebay also will not ship to a non-confirmed address using paypal.
I won't.. as the vendor have no leg to stand on and is s.o.l. when paypal refunds the money..
Sure the vendor has a confirmation it was delivered.. but to an address that isn't the paypal billing address... paypal refunds the money and the vender gets to fight it out with the shipping company (usps/ups/fedx) and all they will do is send an copy of the sig. of it being delivered if sig required was checked, if not just that it was scanned with the gps data showing it delivered there..
nothing more.. so the vendor is out the part and money..
AGAIN.. have the property owner or renter of that address you want it shipped to order the parts.. and no issue..
Paypal refund policy is the WHY.. normal c/c are not as bad.. but most times do the same.. Vendors have had it with this.. I don't blame them..
I have required a paypal account holder of the address to be shipped to, order the part if it's an out of country account paying for it and it's being shipped to a us address.. This gives me a foot to stand on when the buyer claims they didn't receive the shipment.. NOW.. I can reply to paypal with a copy of the shipping confirmation and paypal will honor that. and not refund the buyers money..