View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #330
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Yeah, that is one thing I will NEVER do again. About 20yrs ago I added up most of the invoices for a vehicle I had and once I saw the number, I vowed never to do it again. Now, mind you, at the time the money I had in the vehicle might have bought me a Nissan Sentra or maybe a Corolla and I had a far cooler ride, but nontheless, I never did it again.

Glad to see some forward progress on this thing. It all looks great so far!! Get it done before winter so you can bring it down here and we'll do some wheelin' while your buddies freeze back home.

Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have, but I figured it might be a good idea so the next time some one asks me if I want to sell it, I won't lose my butt. I've already had 2 guys try to buy it with the old cab on it and not finished. I might have to look at my vacation schedule and try to take you up on that. If not this winter, maybe next. I was planning on flying down to the good guys show in November, but IDK if that'll work out yet or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
trowing money at a car / truck in general is concidered the worst investment as that money allmost never turns a profit
i mean put hardwood floors in youre house and youre 2000 dollar investment makes the house worth 6000 more , put 2000 dollar rims on a truck and its still only worth 500 dollars more than without the rims
there some exeptions like restoring some classics or verry rare cars but still.....
Yeah, very true. Once I get this one close enough to drive, and I get my 76 drive able, I'd like to sell the 76 because I've got to get on a house project of some kind.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote