View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #149
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

With the cab mounts more or less done other than finish welding The next step was to get the steering and the pedals in place. The cab Mount bushings that I have been using came on the S10 and are currently about 28 years old and definitely look like it. They're good enough for mock-up but they're pretty squishy and they're not really in that great of shape. I looked into different options, but I wanted to stick with the OE style mount. Reading on several of the S10 forums the guys with the poly cab mounts said that they work good, they're a little more firm than stock and you just have to grease them really good when you put them in so they don't squeak. Where I live in the country and I have a minimum of a mile and a half of gravel between my house and the highway I don't see grease on the cab mounts is being a good long-term solution. All that will do is just collect a lot of dirt and gravel and just make a mess. I did find some of the original S10 mounts there were still available through GM. My cost working at GM was about 25 bucks a piece for the upper half. The lower half is about the same cost which is just kind of ridiculous considering it's just a rubber donut. I bought four new uppers and I figured the lowers actually are in pretty decent shape or I can source them pretty easy from a you pull it yard off of something newer. And they're easy to change later. Overall I gained just under three eighths of an inch of cab height between the new bushings not being squished and these having a quarter inch shim on top of them. if I really wanted to I could have just transferred the rubber portion and use the old shells but I'm not real worried about a quarter inch of frame height.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote