View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #208
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Well, it should have been quiet inside....

LockDoc
With my hearing loss it is always quite even when grinding inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
That cowl is Looking good. Does the rest of the wood floor look as good as the front part does?
My PO did the fiberglass insulation thing too. Man that was a bunch of work to get that mess cleaned up. When I first pulled the side panels off fiberglass dust went everywhere.
The pink does not bother me too much but man, them ceiling tiles have the old school fiber that just reaches down inside your body and holds on for dear life. My entire office ceiling had them that were 4" thick and when I had to change them out they ate me alive for days. Cold shower was no help at all. As soon as I saw these I went and got my tyvec suit on so we didn't go round 2. The mice had balled a lot of the pink up for housing but surprisingly there was no damage from them. They must have gotten cut on all the lower rust and bled out

The cowl cleaned up very nice as well as the windshield frame lip. I am always hesitant pulling the glass to see what awaits.

The rear floor in this thing is in great shape top & bottom side. Someone at some point sealed the top side but i will need to sand and reseal at some point. The underside of the truck had heavy oldschool undercoating on it that saved a lot of the underneath but all around the edges it had failed helping the rust out of the lower portion.

I have another set of rust free tubs here from a burb I parted that I am considering using to widen these tubs like on Leon's Panel. I really like the wide tire look

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote