View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #97
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

they are definitely not 1.5 ton, I picked up a pair of 1.5 ton fenders yesterday and the wheel opening is huge.

I havent decided what to do with these yet, I have a third 41 cab that is rougher than the other two and I thought about getting a C30 DRW frame and putting a wacky diesel in it, maybe a 5 cylinder turbo diesel mercedes.

actually its the cab behind this project truck in some pictures, it has a 1.5 ton front axle and wheels but its also a 3/4 ton so it has the same fenders.

they arent in great shape, but I have another 1/2 ton front clip in the back yard and the wheel openings measure the same. I have had it for sale a while with almost no interest, so rather than scrapping it I will make a project. cant wait to hear the clacky diesel in it. it will be a poser with only 200 lbft of torque and less hp, but I never haul anything anyway, and it will get amazing mileage as I drive around and pick up cabs and beds.

yes I will be running running boards, I have a couple sets of those too.

I looked at the drivers side, it was hard to get a good look with it next to the trailer but the drivers wheel looks to be back a bit as well. I have decided to move the cab back 1 3/4", which should center the wheels or really close to it. I dont want to go forward of the wheel arch centerline because there is a bracket inside the fender I dont want the tire to hit in turns/bumps. (the wheel is turned slightly in the first picture)

and the seat guys called, I chose to go to more of a point on the pleats (on the right). They arent stuffed yet, so dont look to critically.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote