View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 11:47 PM   #118
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

well its not over yet.

I didnt get any time to work on the truck till today, my adopted son (not really, he is 23 and I would adopt him if he would let me though) got an 1800 dollar quote on some front end work on his daily, we did it in the driveway for $270 in parts!

but I did get a little done today. got the rest of the front end put together and back on the ground.

for anyone interested, I recommend these MOOG end links very highly. the method of assembly is superior to the stock type and even the energy suspension type, the bottom nut has a long thread and you assemble it from the top to the bottom. you can almost tighten it up with one wrench!

I had to stop "paying it forward" (stealing parts from the next donor in line) so today I hit a bunch of hardware stores to get the shock speed nuts and various bolts and nuts. then I pulled the gas tank and rear axle

the gas tank looks like complete trash and I bet the pump is plugged or ruined from sucking that trash through. luckily though, craigslist to the rescue! $30, recent pump replacement, totalled truck. woot!

I did a bunch of wire brushing on the frame, and cut off the axle u bolts as the last thing tonight.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote