View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
70c10stroker

70 c10 Ranch Truck

So this has a long story ill do my best to condense. I'm a commercial HVAC guy by trade, now the PM, so i have access to some cool sheet metal tools that will get used throughout the build.

I bought a 69 c10 rolling chassis that appeared to be in decent shape, 496/th400/12 bolt combo. Then i bought a 70 c20 truck with a clean title and beater sheet metal to combine it with. Well the motors bottom end was built right, forged components, decent cam, 4 bolt main, etc. But the previous owner slapped a set of procomp heads on the truck. Well 10-12 miles into my first test ride me and the wife head a decent bang and a bunch of white smoke. I assumed i blew a head gasket. but then i pulled the heads

So at this point this is how the truck sat

It sat for a week while i decided what i wanted to do. Well i had a couple mopars previously to this, the last being a ROWDY 69 coronet with a 505 stroker and a 5 spd. i sold that car to buy my wife's ring and always wanted to turn it into a drag car.

So i figured why not drag truck

Ordered a blueprint 632 and got it in 3 weeks, what a turnaround!

Got a high flow water pump, bigger radiator, reusing the alternator and PS pump from the 496. Have the motor plate mocked in. Built a Cage

currently only 4 points, to be 6 points after i tie in the forward struts but I'm waiting for headers (3-4 more week lead time ) so I can tie that into the cab and frame and motor plate.

Widened the rear fenders so i didn't have to move the links/frame

I was going to run the rear struts but it honestly just wasn't something i wanted to do quiet yet, want to see what kind of numbers i can run before i go there,

So the truck is at a tranny shop getting the TH400 gone through and a FMVB installed and that brings us up to today
70c10stroker is offline   Reply With Quote