View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #4
speedygonzales

Primary not secondary

We assume when you said "will not start" you mean it cranks but does not fire up. Some people incorrectly say "start" but mean "crank".

All the above suggestions should be checked. With that said, I don't believe you are having a problem on the secondary side of the ignition. I believe your problem is more likely the primary (low voltage) side.

First I suggest you evaluate the gasket and sealing surface around the hood. I essentially have the same vehicle you do but never have the issue you are dealing with.

Don't forget your distributor connector (low voltage side) is almost directly below the gasket for the hood at the windshield. Get a flash light and mirror and look down at the lower end of the distributor and see if the block and surrounding area is wet or corroded.

Next start looking at signals (when you are having the problem) in the low voltage side of the ignition system.

Eliminate spark being the issue first. Start backwards from the plugs to the distributor then to the coil and see where that leads you.

Last thing to look at is injector signals.

If you mean it won't crank. That would obviously be a different much easier problem to solve.