View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #8
HAULIN' IT

Re: Painting 71 suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Hopefully he won't warp your body panels...they used coal slag on mine..it worked great, but they still messed my door la else up...I've got more hrs in repairing them than I do in all the rest of the trucks body work.
Sad thing is they were perfect when I dropped them off..
Ding, Ding, Ding! That's where I was heading. You need to be concerned with what is being used & it would be a good idea to get references from people that are "like-minded" with similar projects (hobby vehicle restoration) NOT a farmer with old tractor wheels that got blasted there. The wrong guy with the wrong (very powerful) equipment &/or products (too rough/sharp) of grit can ruin your entire vehicle...& charge you for having them do it!

No Way I would let them start with the shell, Hood, ect. Take them the rad support & inner fenders...get them back & in epoxy. Then the fenders & maybe the rear doors/gate...get them in epoxy & whatever product you are going to use for blocking. Work them out some, by then you will know if they are the right person for the Hood, Doors & Roof. My Two Cents, Lorne
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote