View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 05:28 AM   #11
63inoz

Re: New guy in Melbourne Australia

Thanks Count,
you actually have Holdens there, Commodores and Monaros ( 2 door ) were made here for export and badged as Pontiacs for a few years around 2010. My son hired one in LA a few years ago and thought it was long way to go to hire an Aussie car. So if you see a 2010 Pontiac GTO around your way, its a Holden Monaro with the steering wheel on the wrong side. If you watch TopGear ( UK ) they raved about the Monaro.
Sad note, the last ever Holden rolled off the line a few weeks ago.

And yes Holden used lsx motors in a few of their models and can be picked up quite cheaply. I'm not into them for my old cars. I still love the look of the good old sbc. I'm an electronics guy, but I dont want to touch it in my playtime. Not even car audio, which is pretty lame anyway when you play with 100kwatts ++ at work. Happy to listen to the 8 piece orchestra out front.

Our hire company supplies audio equipment and instruments for concerts, festivals, tours etc. If you are a muso, and played around here, youve most likely used our equipment. I look after all the maintenance. Not a lot of juicy stories to tell really. Occasionally meet some big stars, met Booker T recently, he's pretty big historically.
These days if I'm at a gig, that means something has gone bad, so its stress and not a lot of smiling. The audience is waiting.
If you have a specific interest, feel free to ask.
cheers
63inoz is offline   Reply With Quote