Thread: My 66 GMC LWB
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #121
AZ66GMC
Desert Dweller

Re: My 66 GMC LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Very clean nice looking patch repair on the dash. Thanks for the info on the brake booster. I went to LKQ this past weekend and they had the 50% off sale going on. I couldnt find a decent looking booster to get. Everything was already about stripped to the bones.
Thanks man! Sorry you couldn't find anything at LKQ... Those 50% off sales clean them out. I got to our sale first thing and almost had to fight for my parts... two other guys were all over the truck while I took my parts off alone... Was worried about missing tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
nice work!!
Thanks Dino! I gotta get ready for the next Dino's shing ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Nice work on the dash
Thanks Captainfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
You are far more brave than I. Not sure I am confident enough to cut my dash like that !! Nicely done though.
What are those silver clamps with the wingnuts holding your patch on? I think this is the first time I have seen those....

I just looked at your Sonoma over on CarDomain, very nice there too!
I have an 03 stepside for a daily driver and I love it!
LOL, thanks man I've seen your project progress and you are there, just take your time and you can do it all

The clamps are from Eastwood. I got (8) for $17 shipped on their last sale before Xmas. They work awesome Kindof a pain in the butt to get the first one on by yourself, but once on, they hold well.

You can find them here http://www.eastwood.com/intergrip-pa...-set-of-4.html

I'm working on a photoshop project that I will request everyone's input for my dash layout. Hope to have it done tonight and will post it on the 60-66 main board for your input.

Thanks

66 GMC LWB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399283
AZ66GMC is offline   Reply With Quote