View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #11
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Wet sanding direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
Runs were totally my fault. Just not enough experience. Didn't move fast enough in some areas or just went blank and made dumb mistakes. I let t flash for an hour or more between coats and most of the runs were from the very first coat.
Looks like your doing a fine job from your picture. Hopefully you figure out the spray technique with your undercoats, epoxy sprays a lot like color and clear. The high build primers do not. practice your technique, keep your distance from the panel consistent and your arm movement smooth. letting off the paint trigger at the end of your strokes and getting on the trigger as you start your next pass. You can watch youtube but I feel most of the ones I have seen on there don't use very good technique (mostly excess arm movements and not keeping the gun same distance at all times)
Think of your technique in a way a machine would do it, try to do that. A machine would never tilt, etc at the end of passes, it would stop paint flow while moving and then start again at the right moment.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote