View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #246
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Nice progress! I like the paint combo. It's going to look really good! ...No fun trying to chase little spots around the shop floor and the wife really likes it when I track it inside the house (NOT! )
Same goes around here, Duane.

I think I'm gonna call it good on the acoustic deadener. I didn't cover the entire trunk area, but it gets padding and carpet, so I doubt there will be heat or noise issues. Picked up the separator panel that Keith Daleen rolled an offset bead into and the guys at Sure Coat powder coated for me. It looks great and will hide the springs in the back seat.

I got one of the quarter windows in, despite the fact that the factory service manual recommends putting the glass in before installing the glass runs. I had to install the retainer clips onto the channel using a homemade tool and it took some finesse to get the entire contraption snapped into place. Didn't want to remove it once it was in place, so I took the roller tracks out and installed them after the window glass was in and tucked into the glass run.

I finally committed to the location for the fuse panel, so tomorrow I can start routing the wires to their destinations. Precision had my doors ready, so I went down there this afternoon and picked them up. They had the bumpers, front valance, hood and truck lid ready to go into the booth so they should be in color by now or tomorrow morning at the latest. Only the front fenders are left waiting for their turn.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote