View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: e3 LevelPro + Big Red x4 ≈ 77 Air Square

Once again I considered my options for mounting the E3 ECU. It can be mounted outside the cab, but I felt it would be cleaner to route the wires inside. To gain access to the area I intend to install the E3 ECU, I removed the seat. With the seat out of the way, the current systems controls are reveled. The five switches, and required relays required a lot of wires. This will be removed once the E3 controls are active.

I used a scrap piece 3/8 plywood for a base. This will allow me to make changes as the install dictates. Once completed I will transfer everything to a fresh piece that I plan to cover for a clean look.

Most of the harness provided has large weather-tite connectors, so I was left with making a decision on how to get them out of the cab. I could try to remove the pins from the connectors, or cut and splice all of the wires, or drill a hole large enough to allow the biggest connector to pass through. As much as I hate cutting large holes in my cab, I decided this was the best way to go.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote