View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

A few days back I located a 1967 C20 that is in pretty good shape but has a hack job flat bed on it. The guy sent me a few pics and never mentioned a price, so after a few texts back and forth he said he would take $1000 for it and it runs and drive but just needs a pan gasket to make it a daily driver. I did not reply for a few hours due to being busy and he sends me another text "shoot me an offer, I need cash for this weekend"....wrong thing to tell me I had him send a few more pics and mentions he is open to about any offer above scrap plus $100. So to add fuel to the "too many junk trucks in the shop" fire my wife has going, I am rolling out Saturday to go pick this one up. Pics to follow after delivery. Looks to have a good front clip other then a spot of rust on the lower drivers side fender. I am guessing that we will get into more rust on the radiator support and such, but for this price the hood, grill, bumper and running motor out way the rust items...and I can alwys get some $ back by scraping it if need be.