View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #380
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

LOL not that anyone really cares, i just realized i am not a premium member... damn sad of me. Well that just got taken care of.
Anyways, well so onto the build. So i have the inside windshield area and header will be done today. I plan on install a headliner anyways, so that will help hide my not so great body work. LOL
Order the TMI Classis low Back seats in black with red stitching and they will be here Monday. Autowire wiring harness is on the way. So, now my delema... My plan is to carefully set the cab on its back gently, and get the underside ready for Custom Coat bed liner. i just need to figure out how far to come up. Then flip it back to normal and prepare the inside for the Por 15 poring. It is funny, i ordered 3 quarts of por 15 from Summit, when i got them, one had popped the lid partially and por 15 is everywhere in bag they sent all three in. So i called and explained my issue, so they sent another 3 quarts, no cost. So, now i have 5 1/2 quarts of Por15. So the entire floor, under the dash and possibly part of the firewall are going to get painted with Por 15. This will then leave me with just finish body work and paint which i am waiting until i get all body parts on and test fit and ready, then i will paint at that time.
Gotta love these adventures we get ourselves into. People ask me, "So, after this are you done"? I laugh, ya right, getting the truck done is not like finishing drug rehab.... that rush will always be there. I have 1969 LS that was done a few years ago with alot less $$, so maybe it will get some upgrades, or .... i really like 70's Novas or ......
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote