View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 11:45 PM   #20
chev-obsession

Re: Any good parts on this frame?

I went today with cash and a trailer. I looked at it again more closely and cautiously and found a few red flags, the drivers side rear leaf spring perch had been removed at one point and reinstalled with bolts and welded to the frame. The back of the frame looked like it had a couple inches cut off the end, the crossmember on the back connecting the two frame rails together was corroded pretty badly to the point I’d have to make a new crossmember (along with a couple more little brackets). And the front of the frame rails had a couple slotted holes cut with a torch and frame was cracked where the bumper would bolt to. Overall the back half of the frame was kinda flaky with rust. There as nothing worth saving on the cab, what wasn’t rusted, was either missing or borrowed from another vehicle and welded in place.

The more I looked at the truck the more I talked myself out of it. I tried to think about what I could sell to recoup the cost of the truck and it was a pretty small list. I offered $300 out the door cash and it was denied. It’s more time, money and work than what I’m willing to give.

That being said... if someone else is interested I would be happy to give you more info on it.