View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:02 AM   #537
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Update: So i have been cleaning and sanding on the kick panels. They look great. I put on what seems to be a lb of bondo, sanded off 5/8 lb of bondo... lol found the "typical" little pin holes around so now i am using "glaze" filler. That stuff works great... but i am learning to not apply it very thick as it is not needed. LOL anyways, They are about ready to get painted. I looking into the hammered paint.... ya not using that. It just does not look right, so i am going just a Satin black.... Pics to come. Then back to working on the cab.
For the cab i need to get the couple of dash dents fixed, couple screw holes filled and then get the seam sealer installed, then prepare outside of cab, getting all the dents fixed and ready for primer.... FINAALY! lol
You could try SEM Texture coating. When you spray it on it has the 'grainy' appearance like a plastic door panel does. It's not identical but close. Then, top coat w/the color of choice to match other interior items/scheme. I've also used the 'texture' paint in a rattle can to simulate 'factory' texture for trim pieces. This is a more aggressive coating. Top coat it w/the color of choice to match the interior.

I included some images of a repair I did to one of the rear door panels from my dually. This was a SuperGlue repair sanded flush, topped w/the SEM Texture coating, & then SEM interior paint/dye. I don't have any good close-ups of the trim I did w/the actual 'texture' paint but it's much more aggressive.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote